For our human body, food is the fundamental source of energy. Thus, for our living, food is regarded as the basic requirement for every human being. Food has been classified into cereals, pulses, etc., and each of these food types contains a different and varying amount of nutritional value that is necessary for the body growth. Not only for the well-being of the body, using some of the key ingredients in various food categories is beneficial for our hair and skin. Numerous researches have shown and proved that how few of the basic food ingredients are useful for our overall body. Similarly, certain food ingredients also aid in increasing sexual prowess.
What is an Aphrodisiac?
The word Aphrodisiac comes from the Greek word called aphrodisiac on which means ‘sexual, Aphrodisiac’, which in turn means related to the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite. The stuff or substance which when consumed surges the libido is known as an aphrodisiac.
Libido is regarded as the sex drive, meaning that it is an individual’s urge or desire to have or get indulged in a sexual activity. Thus, when libido levels increase, the desire to have sexual activity rises and, hence, aphrodisiacs are known as a love drug.
It is to be noted that these aphrodisiac substances are different from the ones that address fertility problems or sexual dysfunctions such as erectile dysfunction.
Why use Aphrodisiacs?
For the making and maintaining of close and intimate relationships in humans, sexual desires are one of the key factors. Often more than not, relationships are severely affected in case of lack or loss of sexual drive. Problems might arise between partners in a relationship in case of changing sexual desires. If these problems remain unresolved, the relationship may fall sour. Moreover, issues may also delve between partners due to differences in sexual needs and also due to poor communication of sexual desires and preferences.
Factors that Influence Libido
- Social and Physiological Factors – Due to certain social and physiological factors that might cause a lack of desire for sexual intimacy. These factors include stress or any kind of depression or distraction. Exposure to bright light or loud sound for a prolonged period is some of the environmental aspects that affect libido. There are several other factors which affect libido as well which include sexual abuse or any kind of assault, or anxiety of having sex or sexual activity, body image issues, etc.
- Physical aspects or factors – The influence of certain prescriptions medication like flutamide, or endocrine problems or the physical or biological attractiveness of the partner are some of the physical factors that affect libido. While in periods, women may experience a reduction in iron levels in the body due to lack of libido causing anemia.
Alcohol abuse or heavy smoking and also the use of drugs can cause a decrease in levels of libido. Thus, many specialists suggest that lifestyle changes such as reducing alcohol consumption or quitting smoking can significantly increase libido levels and thereby increase the desire for engaging in sexual activity.
How Aphrodisiacs Work To Increase Libido Levels?
Aphrodisiacs or lobe drugs have been used in many ancient cultures and civilizations such as the ancient Greek culture, the African tribes and in the Far East cultures. There is more such information related to aphrodisiacs available on myaphrodisiacs.com.
Also, as mentioned above, the libido levels affect the sexual desires of an individual. Aphrodisiac uses a blend of certain herbs and roots along with some other materials that boost the levels of libido. Aphrodisiacs have an effect on hormone levels. The reason behind this can be attributed to the fact that aphrodisiac encompasses certain essential vitamins and minerals amongst other necessary trace elements that increase the urge to engage in sexual activity. These substances have rich nutritional levels, which provide strength and invigorates an individual’s body. Aphrodisiacs light up the nerves in the genital area thereby stoking libido and leading to increased sexual desire.
Aphrodisiacs that Help to Increase Libido in Body
Certain roots and herbs along with other substances have the immense power of increasing libido levels. Here are a few of the aphrodisiac known for bringing on sexual desire:
- Oysters – Known as the Queen of Aphrodisiacs, oysters are rich in zinc. Oysters have a phenomenal aphrodisiac effect, especially as it is chosen to be eaten raw. With a lot of zinc, the production of semen in testicles in especially boosted and enhances sexual potency in men. The semen production is also increased with oysters being rich in vitamin C, folic acid and vitamin E.
- Maca – This is a sweet root vegetable from South America. The vegetable is often known as ‘Peruvian Viagra’ has several health benefits. It is used to boost fertility and is supported by science as one of the natural aphrodisiacs. Maca helps in boosting libido levels amongst individuals and also reduce the loss of libido levels.
- Saffron – One of the most expensive spices by weight and native to the South Asia, saffron is obtained from the flower known as Crocus Sativus. Saffron has the ability to decrease stress levels, treat depression and to improve mood. People taking antidepressant medicines have boosted desires for sexual activities with saffron, however, the aphrodisiac effect amongst other groups is not quite good.
- Strawberries – The red berries have been famous as an aphrodisiac. The berries have a high quantity of vitamin C and zinc. This aids the increased production of the hormone testosterone. However, the key aspect here is to know how the quantity intake of the strawberries. The aphrodisiac effect is visible only if more strawberries are consumed.
- Cloves – This spicy ingredient is one of the popular aphrodisiacs. The spice is rich in eugenol that aids in boosting the cardiovascular system. Cloves also help in overcoming shyness or anxiety of getting engaged in a sexual activity.
There are several other aphrodisiac ingredients such as chocolate, pomegranate, asparagus, etc. There are several articles on websites such as myaphrodisiacs.com to read about more of these natural aphrodisiacs.
It is also important to note that to get sexually charged, it is important that these natural herbs and spices are consumed regularly to increase libido levels.
These all food substances act as aphrodisiacs helping in boosting libido levels and bringing on the sexual desire, necessary for an intimate relationship.